Thursday, April 24, 2014

Review: ThinkThin High Protein + Fiber Bar Chocolate Almond Coconut Flavour


Taste: Think of an Almond Joy bar, but less sweet, and that's basically what you have got. Now, I'm not particularly too big of an Almond Joy fan (though I love Mounds for the dark chocolate coating), so for me, this bar didn't exactly do it. Still, if Almond Joy is something you enjoy, then you'll definitely like this bar.

Texture: As with all of the ThinkThin High Protein + Fiber line, it's a chewy bar with a thin chocolate coating and a relatively chewy inside that is reminiscent of the whipped nougat that is inside a Three Musketeers. In addition to the typical texture though, there are a few bits of coconut flakes, one, maybe two pieces of almonds, and a small scattering of soy crisps for additional texture. I really do wish that there was more textured "stuff" inside though.



Nutrition: There is a good amount of fiber and protein, but if you are watching your artificial sugar intake, there are 9 grams of sugar alcohols. 13 grams of protein, 23 grams total carbs, 5 grams fiber, 6 grams fat, and 180 calories.

Ingredient list: Protein Blend (Soy Protein, Whey Protein, Casein), Coating: Maltitol, Cocoa Butter, Chocolate, Sodium Caseinate, Milk Fat, Soy Lecithin, Natural Flavors, Salt, Brown Rice Syrup, Maltitol, Chicory Fiber, Soy Protein Crisps (Soy Protein, Tapioca Starch and Salt), Glycerin, Alkalized Cocoa, Almonds, Canola Oil, Coconut
My final thoughts: 7/10 - It wasn't unenjoyable, but I don't think I'll buy this particular flavour again. I like the texture of the whole line, and the nutrition profile + price are nice as well, but I think I'll stick to the Peanut Butter Toffee flavour only.