Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Review: Think Thin High Protein + Fiber Bar Milk Chocolate Toffee Almond Flavour


Taste: The almond flavour is strong and that's what hit me the most. It's not like almond-y, nut almond, but more of that artificial, almond extract flavour: not what I was expecting, but thankfully I enjoy artificial almond extract, so it was nonetheless good. I mention this because I know a lot of people can't stand that type of flavour. Everything else was pretty standard. The chocolate tasted like regular chocolate and it was on the sweeter side, just like the other Think Thin bars I have tried.



Texture: I feel like this bar is not as chewy as the chocolate peanut butter toffee bar I previously reviewed, but it still had that whipped nought chew to it. There was a very slight, almost unnoticeable crunch that was supposed to mimic toffee.

Nutrition: Pretty decent as always. This is sweetened with sugar alcohols though (9 grams to be exact) in case you are watching that intake. 13 grams of protein, 23 grams of total carbs, 5 grams of fiber, 6 grams of fat, 180 calories
Ingredient list: Protein Blend (Soy Protein, Whey Protein), Coating: Maltitol, Cocoa Butter, Chocolate, Sodium Caseinate, Milk Fat, Soy Lecithin, Natural Flavors, Salt, Brown Rice Syrup, Chicory Fiber, Maltitol, Almonds, Glycerin, Soy Crisps (Soy Protein, Rice Flour, Salt), Canola Oil, Sea Salt
My final thoughts: 6.5/10 - I definitely like the Think Think High Protein + Fiber line, but I don't think I'll get this flavour again.