Sunday, April 6, 2014

Review: Think Think High Protein + Fiber Bar Chocolate Peanut Butter Toffee Flavour


Taste: This bar is sweet. Not cloyingly so, but sweet enough for me to enjoy as a candy bar alternative. Keep in mind that I do have a major sweet tooth and so the sugar level may be a little too much for people who are not fond of sweet things. The peanut butter flavour reminds me a lot of Jiff or Peter Pan brand peanut butters and lacks the intense nuttiness of organic or all natural brands. Still, it is also strong and spot on  - not at all wimpy like other bars (I'm looking at you, Quest), but I didn't detect any toffee flavour. Then again, I'm not too sure what toffee is supposed to taste like anyways, but from my impression, I just tasted chocolate and peanut butter. Not bad, not bad at all.



Texture: The bar is slightly dense, but airy at the same time, sort of like the mousse inside a Three Musketeers bar. There is a good amount of chew, but nothing at all like Quest or Pure Protein. Enough chew to satisfy me, but it certainly won't hurt any jaws. There are also crunchy bits, which I take to be the soy crisps and are supposed to mimic the texture of toffee. They weren't too noticeable, but did make the bar a tad more interesting. Overall, a very satisfying texture.

Nutrition: The macro profile is good, but not fantastic. 13 grams of protein, 23 grams of carbs, 5 grams of fiber, 6 grams of fat, 180 calories.
Ingredient list: Protein Blend (Soy Protein, Whey Protein, Casein), Coating: Maltitol, Cocoa Butter, Chocolate, Sodium Caseinate, Milk Fat, Soy Lecithin, Natural Flavors, Salt, Maltitol, Chicory Fiber, Brown Rice Syrup, Peanuts, Glycerin, Soy Crisps (Soy Protein, Rice Flour, Salt), Canola Oil, Peanut Flour, Sea Salt
My final thoughts: 7/10 - While the macros on this bar could be better, I really enjoyed the flavour, so this bar would definitely fall into the "treat" category. Would I buy it again? YES! Should I buy it again? Maybe.