Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Review: NuGo Slim Roasted Peanut Flavour


Taste: Like the previous NuGo Slim bars I have reviewed, this bar has the same premises: not as sweet, dark-not-milk chocolate coating, and a flavored inside. While the taste is remarkably similar to the Crunchy Peanut Butter flavour I have previously reviewed, I felt like there was something lacking. I'm just not sure what.



Texture: Okay, this is what is hit-or-miss for the NuGo Slim line, and unfortunately this time, the bar was a miss. Wayyyyyyy too chalky and too even throughout. I really wish that there were at least some peanut bits or something other than dry, chalky soy crisps. Yuck.

Nutrition: Overall, the nutrition profile is great and it's vegan friendly, which is a plus for all those vegans out there trying to get enough protein. 15 grams protein, 19 grams of total carbs, 7 grams of fiber, 6 grams fat, 190 calories.
Ingredients list: Protein Mix [Non-GMO Soy Crisp (Non-GMO Soy Protein, Tapioca, Calcium Carbonate), Non-GMO Whey Protein Isolate, Calcium Caseinate, Non-GMO Rice Protein], Chicory Root, Vegetable Glycerine, Bittersweet Dark Chocolate (Chocolate Liquor, Cane Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Vanilla), Peanuts, Chocolate Liquor, Peanut Flour, Rice Bran, Salt, Peanut Extract, Natural Flavors and Almonds.
My final thoughts: 5/10 - Definitely not a bar I enjoyed. Would I buy it again? No. While the nutrition profile is great and the price is justifiable, there are other more enjoyable flavours in the line I'd rather be eating.