Thursday, April 3, 2014

Review: NuGO Slim Raspberry Truffle Flavour


Taste: Upon first bite, I thought that the bar lacked sweetness, but after a second and third, the sugar level seemed perfect. Now I have to say that I am a dark chocolate lover and the only thing that makes dark chocolate better is either coffee or raspberry, so this flavour is right up my ally. That being said, the taste is just as the name implies - raspberry infused dark chocolate. Delish. Love. Yum. And no weird aftertaste. LAG approved!

Texture: Coming into this, I knew that I would not like the texture of this bar as much because they are more crunchy than chewy. If it was just crunchy, I could forgive it and assume that people who enjoy crunchy would like it, but the texture was a bit too chalky for me.

Nutrition: The macro profile is definitely pretty great. 17 grams of protein, 19 grams of carbs, 7 grams of fiber, 4.5 grams of fat, 180 calories.
Ingredient list: Protein Mix [Non-GMO Soy Crisp (Non-GMO Soy Protein, Tapioca, Calcium Carbonate), Non-GMO Whey Protein Isolate, Calcium Caseinate, Non-GMO Rice Protein], Chicory Root, Vegetable Glycerine, Bittersweet Dark Chocolate (Chocolate Liquor, Cane Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Vanilla), Freeze Dried Raspberries, Chocolate Liquor, Cocoa Powder, Natural Flavors, Salt, Citric Acid.
My final thoughts: 5/10 - I don't think I wasted my money on this, but would I buy it again? Probably not. The flavour is great, but the texture is just too off-putting for me. While the macro profile is respectable, there are other better tasting/textured alternatives.